No, no, I'm not running for president. I'd much rather be dictator-for-life in a virtual country with a population of one.... Oh, wait, I already am. ;)
Anyway, my picture "Looking into the Abyss" has been chosen as one of the finalists, out of 200 contest entries, for the front cover of a book "Coming of Age in Second Life: An Anthropologist Explores the Virtually Human" by Tom Boellstorff (SL: Tom Bukowski) to be released on April 2008.
It is currently on display in the Elektra Spark Gallery in the Cetus Gallery District (http://slurl.com/secondlife/Cetus/199/68/33), along with the other finalists. You might have to SLURL it again when you get there, because the gallery itself is far from the landing point.
Mine is the one of the blue mermaid, of course. :)
HOW TO VOTE: Simply send IM to Tom Bukowski or send email to tboellst@gmail.com, and say something like, "I vote for Opal Lei's 'Looking into the Abyss'." Be sure to send it before Sunday August 19, 2:30pm SLT. That's it!
Oh, btw, the next time you come by and visit my 512 sqm landlocked country in the northwestern corner of Aglia, check out my new mermaid business. Er, my virtual country's newest export. ;)
A recollection of Opal Lei's life in Second Life® (www.secondlife.com).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Twenty!
And, yes, I celebrated! I had a party with friends yesterday (Sunday) from noon to 3pm SLT. While sending out the invitations, I realized a...
-
It was March 20, 2011. Almost six years ago. Ember Farina had given me a tour of the 2011 Fantasy Faire sims which were being built for th...
-
Howard asks when I would be back . I don't know how to answer that question. As simple as it sounds, it really is a difficult questio...
-
Sometimes, you get the most interesting conversations while testing sex beds. Wolfgang: do you see how it is more sexy [when] you are on ...
No comments:
Post a Comment