The problem with guilt is that it does not coexist with joy. It cannot. But the joyfulness is part of who I am, part of the woman he fell in love with.
We had agreed that RL is more important. He had his commitments with his RL relationship. What I didn't realize was that my principles are part of my RL and deserve as much attention and respect. Sacrificing my integrity is too high a price to pay for a fantasy. No matter how wonderful that fantasy is.
So, last night, I set the cricket free and I set him free. The heart aches; the tears flow. But it was the right thing to do.
The same RL friend who had once given me good advice also said, "If there is a question, there is no question." If the cricket does its job well, the question "Do I burn in virtual hell or real hell?" will no longer arise.
There is no question. Not anymore.
A recollection of Opal Lei's life in Second Life® (www.secondlife.com).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Twenty!
And, yes, I celebrated! I had a party with friends yesterday (Sunday) from noon to 3pm SLT. While sending out the invitations, I realized a...
-
It was March 20, 2011. Almost six years ago. Ember Farina had given me a tour of the 2011 Fantasy Faire sims which were being built for th...
-
Howard asks when I would be back . I don't know how to answer that question. As simple as it sounds, it really is a difficult questio...
-
Sometimes, you get the most interesting conversations while testing sex beds. Wolfgang: do you see how it is more sexy [when] you are on ...
No comments:
Post a Comment