Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Goodbye, love.

One of my best friends in real life explains why his past relationships didn't work: "Because they are who they are, and I am who I am."

It sounds so simplistic. But there's a profoundness in it.

Last night, I had to let a lover go. He is who he is, I am who I am, and who I am hurts him. Don't get me wrong. He's a wonderful lover -- intuitive, sensitive, caring, and generous. In the MBTI, he's probably an "NF", what Keirsey calls the Idealist. On the other hand, I'm an INTJ, a Rational. And when my cold analyses scratch his warm sensitivities, we both get hurt, we both feel misunderstood.

But I have no regrets about meeting him and loving him. With him, I've had many unforgettable experiences, touching moments, and warm memories. And I will look back on them fondly.

Maybe someday, if I'm lucky and the pain has healed, we'd come back and renew the friendship, if not the romance.

But, for now,... Goodbye, love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am seventeen, going on ...

In the past, August would bring a significant change in my life. This year, my real life changed in January when I started chemo treatment f...