Thursday, February 04, 2010

Condolences to the bride

It was difficult enough to stand there as his best man as he pledged his love to another woman. But he twisted the proverbial knife when he dedicated a song at the reception to his new bride, telling her in public chat that it was their love song. It was the same song he dedicated to me just a week ago because he said it was how he saw me.

It was just a song after all, but it had meaning to me. It was as though a gift I treasured was snatched away and given to another. There are millions of love songs in this world. Why did he have to give her that song? What he did was a pure act of sadism.

Most of my past lovers have remained friends. Good friends, in fact, both in SL and irl, because they truly care about my well-being. He won't be. Because he doesn't.


I have a tab in my Picks titled "Leave me be...". I added a new paragraph at the end of it.

... if you think SL is a game, because it isn't to me and my heart is not a plaything.

... if you don't want drama, because drama arises from strong emotions and, when I love, there *are* strong emotions.

... if all you see is the beauty of my avatar, because my avatar is merely a product of my creativity. Would you claim you loved me if you fell in love with a piece of furniture I created?

... if I have to fight for your affections, because love should be a willing coming-together of two souls, not a chasing-after. If I have to fight for you, you're not worth fighting for.




My condolences to the bride.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am seventeen, going on ...

In the past, August would bring a significant change in my life. This year, my real life changed in January when I started chemo treatment f...