Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Solitude

They say that prayer is talking to God, and meditation is listening to God. I haven't been listening for a long while and God is poking me in the ribs.

No, nothing drastic happened. Yes, I'm okay, as okay as one can be. But I've had this uneasiness for a while now. And I'm trying to figure it out. On the surface, everything is going incredibly well. My new mermaid tails are selling. My artwork is getting noticed. I have so many dear friends who are here by my side and I love them dearly.

But something feels askew, and I don't know what it is. All I know is that I need the peace and quiet to listen.

So I'm going to be a hermit for a while. I don't know for how long. I'll still be logging in once in a while, although I'll just be lurking. But I promise I'll be back when I feel like myself again.

And I'll keep blogging when I feel the urge to write. It's not like I'm taking a vow of silence; I'll just be talking a lot less.

*hugs*

3 comments:

  1. A Simple Question Opal

    What is your muse in SL?

    Mine is music. Without it, there would be no SL for me.

    Hope you find your constant muse in this place *smile*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you know whats wrong
    Because
    I know you are smart enough
    So tell me
    Nothing but honesty
    Because
    That is what you are

    Name your time and place
    As long as its 5-7SLT - my (cub scout + parent teacher night + blah blah blah) commitments.

    ReplyDelete

I am seventeen, going on ...

In the past, August would bring a significant change in my life. This year, my real life changed in January when I started chemo treatment f...