Friday, August 31, 2007

365.24

Three hundred sixty-five days. Oh, alright,... And a quarter.

365 days of laughter, of tears, of love, of friendships, of incredible conversations, of music, of art, of science, of dancing, of shopping, of hanging out, of exploring, of learning, of building, of scripting, and of blogging.

I have lived a full life sitting in my office chair.

Here's a toast to all my dear friends, to all my sweet lovers, to every soul that touched mine, to every creative spirit that made Second Life what it was in the past year and what it will be in the following years.

Here's to another 365 days (and a quarter) of laughter, of tears, of love, of friendships, of incredible conversations, of music, of art, of science, of dancing, of shopping, of hanging out, of exploring, of learning, of building, of scripting, of blogging, and whatever else I discover in this world.

I can honestly say, I have never truly lived until I lived in Second Life.

And isn't it ironic?

1 comment:

  1. I just had to post this feedback from AnnaDe, a conversation via email:

    AnnaDe: btw, your blog entry should be "365.25" to signify 365 days and a quarter. (Quarter = 1/4 = .25)

    Opal: Yes, but if you Google "days in a year", you get "1 year = 365.242199 days". Rounded, that's 365.24. ;)

    AnnaDe: To a "normal" person, it's 365 days a year, a leap year (extra day) every 4 years, and a quarter = 1/4 = .25.

    Opal: I never claimed to be normal.

    ReplyDelete

I am seventeen, going on ...

In the past, August would bring a significant change in my life. This year, my real life changed in January when I started chemo treatment f...