Sunday, April 24, 2016

The best compliment a man could give


"You remind me of my mother."

He didn't intend it as a compliment. He was explaining why he was suddenly uncomfortable about the RL booty call.

The anticipation, the excitement, all gone within a few hours.

Suddenly I didn't feel desirable anymore. I was back to normal.

My first thought was pragmatic. There goes the reason for the meeting, so there was no point prolonging it. I couldn't change my ticket because it was non-refundable. He could get another room, but what was the point? So it would be better for him to just drive back home. It was the least expensive option.

But he felt guilt, which I didn't expect. He drove me to the hotel, I checked in, and we talked, while he held my hand in both of his.

He becomes a friend, like most of my exes. He understands I don't initiate conversations much and he's okay with that.

The only thing that we lose is the sex, he explained. But it felt like we lose much more than that, and I don't know why.


Then, today, on the flight back home, I had a paradigm shift. I realized that he had actually given me the best compliment a man could give.

Of course, it's subjective. It's a compliment, only if he adores his mother, and I sense that he does.

The deepest part of his psyche compared me to the most important woman in his life. And, by that comparison, he honored me.

I am no longer just another easy fuck. I've become something else. In game-speak, I guess I've leveled up. :)

And that was well worth the trip. I went for sex. Instead, I received something of much greater value.


Thank you, my kanna. You reminded me of my worth. For that, my gratitude is immeasurable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am seventeen, going on ...

In the past, August would bring a significant change in my life. This year, my real life changed in January when I started chemo treatment f...