Saturday, April 23, 2016

Almost Oedipus

Made love unseen,
Hundreds of miles between.
Moans on the wires
Stirring the fires
Within.

Crossed the threshold
As done by many so bold.
Histories shared,
Souls bared.
Behold!

Mind formed a connection.
And, horror, his reaction.
Desires subside.
Deep in his mind,
Caution!

Silent for years with his father
Because of a past lover,
Then, the recognition
Of the new seduction --
Mother!

Joy, so quickly, did wilt.
Passion turned into guilt.
Moans turned to cries,
For from her eyes,
Tears spilt.

Special to him was she,
Unexpectedly to that degree.
Too much positive
Turned negative.
So, set free.

(PS: Just to be clear, I don't have children.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am seventeen, going on ...

In the past, August would bring a significant change in my life. This year, my real life changed in January when I started chemo treatment f...