There are many things that I am thankful for in real life, but that's for another blog. Meanwhile, here are the things I am thankful for in Second Life. (I am not mentioning names, except one, but you know who you are.)
- I am thankful for newfound friends from around the world who share themselves, their thoughts, their emotions, their wonderful sense of humor, and their strange kissing customs. ;-)
- I am thankful for lovers-turned-friends who remain in my life even as they (and I) try to heal.
- I am thankful for girlfriends who take me dancing to ease my heartaches.
- I am thankful for the young ones whose innocence keeps me from straying too far.
- I am thankful for the very smart people at the ISM who warmly accept me in their midst and give me a chance (or more like a challenge) to learn from them.
- I am thankful for the whole Linden family who tirelessly try their best, maintaining and improving a complex piece of software.
- I am thankful for Philip Rosedale for planting the seed from which this world sprung.
- I am thankful for everyone, whose creativity, personality, and presence make SL endlessly fascinating.
- I am thankful for all the experiences that SL provides and that I would never have a chance to experience in real life.
And, finally, ...
- I am thankful for all the souls I have touched and for all the souls who have touched mine. Because, even if everything else in SL is a fantasy, the touching of souls is real.